Chocolate chip cookies with pistachios have just the right balance of sweet and salty. Mmm…
I’ve tried hundreds of different cookies over the years and I still believe the good ol’ chocolate chip cookie is my absolute favorite.
And despite my love for the classic chip-only variety, I do occasionally mix it up a little.
OR, in chocolate chip cookies with pistachios.
Chocolate Chip Cookies With Pistachios
The inspiration for these chocolate chip cookies with pistachios came from the half-empty bag in my pantry.
They were screaming to be either eaten by the handful OR incorporated into a recipe.
The latter won.
Roasted salted pistachios are a great addition because the saltiness counters the sweetness in the chocolate chips and cookie dough, and I’m a big fan of the sweet/salty collaboration in my desserts.
My soft and chewy classic chocolate chip cookies is a go-to for all my chocolate chip cookie recipes, including the base in this one.
In a twist I added pistachios and used whole wheat flour — I felt the chocolate and pistachio combo screamed for a more toothsome bite (but it’s perfectly fine to just use all-purpose if that floats your boat).
Simple and delish!
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted salted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add the eggs and the vanilla, and continue mixing until they’re combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flours, baking soda and salt together. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture about ¼ cup at a time (just eyeball it), making sure to incorporate fully before adding more. Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Spoon the cookie dough in generously rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving about 1-1/2″ between cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are no longer shiny.
- Remove the baking sheets from oven and let the cookies sit for 1 minute before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer, using entirely all-purpose flour instead of a whole wheat/all-purpose mixture works fine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- All-Clad 8700800515 All- Measuring Cups
- OXO 1071534 719812018447 Good Grips Large Silicone Flexible Turner, Stainless Steel
- M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set | Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing | Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
- Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
- Cookie Scoop Set,JSDOIN Ice Cream Scoop Set, 3 PCS 18/8 Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop Trigger Include Large-Medium-Small Size, Melon Scoop (cookie scoop)
- Pyrex Prepware 2-1/2-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl
- KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Aqua Sky