This slow cooker pot roast starts with a *frozen* rump roast. You can’t make dinner any easier!
This may be the easiest slow cooker pot roast recipe in the world.
I mean, what recipes start with a *frozen* roast and end with a full meal, all the trimmings and au jus to go with it?
There’s nothing better on a busy workday than knowing you can reach into your freezer, grab the rump roast you bought on sale at the grocery store and froze in order to keep it until “I don’t know when,” and then slow cook it deliciously over the next eight to ten hours while you’re gone at work.
Your house will smell amazing, and you’ll have spent all of ten minutes throwing dinner together, ready to eat when you walk in the door.
It’s like having your very own Alice, except that you don’t!
- 1 3-pound rump roast, frozen
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 can beef broth
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Set the frozen roast on top, fat side up. Pour the beef broth over the roast. Sprinkle the garlic salt, pepper and parsley over the roast and veggies.
- Cover and set to cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
The roast will be SUPER tender once it's done cooking, so be careful as you're removing it from the slow cooker to serve as it's likely to fall apart. (This is a good thing!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 947Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 1747mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 97g