Last Updated on August 6, 2022 by Liza Hawkins
Homemade breakfast burritos are a quick and easy option for a grab-and-go morning meal! Like so many people, I’m always on the hunt for easy breakfast options beyond cereal (although we’re big fans of cereal over here).
Recently I came up with something a little different than our standard fare (and, quite honestly, far easier): homemade breakfast burritos!
All I did was scramble two eggs with diced mushrooms, green onions and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and then put a healthy spoonful atop a warmed, small flour tortilla that had a slice of cheese on it. One quick roll and breakfast was ready in less than 10 minutes.
How’s that for a quick, easy breakfast?
Next time I’ll make extra breakfast burritos, then wrap them up individually (in plastic wrap or parchment paper … not sure) and stick them in the freezer to reheat in the microwave during the week.
Doesn’t that sound even easier?
Homemade breakfast burritos are a quick and easy option for a grab-and-go morning meal!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 mushroom, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 2 6" flour tortillas
- 2 slices white American cheese
- Place a small skillet over medium-low heat and add the butter.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl. Once the butter has melted, pour them into the skillet.
- Use a heat safe spatula to gently nudge and fold the eggs as they're cooking. After 1 minute add the mushrooms, green onions, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, nudging and folding the eggs for another 2 minutes, then remove the skillet from heat.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds. Place one slice of cheese on each tortilla, then top each with half the scrambled egg mixture and roll them up. Serve immediately!
I used American cheese because MELTY, but you could easily substitute your favorite, like cheddar, provolone or muenster. The list is endless!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle Holder, 12", Red Silicone
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 1350mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g