Gooey chocolate-filled cocoa cookies are all the richness of a brownie, with the oozy-ness of a molten lava cake.
What’s better than double chocolate chip cookies? Why … gooey chocolate-filled cocoa cookies, of course!
On the outside, they’re completely unassuming.
Regular, everyday, round chocolate disks.
Then you take a bite, and what’s inside separates this cookie from its chocolate cake-like counterparts.
We’re talking gooey chocolate filled cocoa cookies here, people!
The richness of a brownie, with the oozy-ness of a molten lava cake.
It’s something special.
Perhaps only bested by an oozy caramel center, but we’ll leave that for another day.
GOOEY CHOCOLATE-FILLED COCOA COOKIES.
I’ll take two.
Or all of them.
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⅛ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 8-oz chocolate bar, broken into 16 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium-high until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing on medium for 2 minutes, or until everything is creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. With the stand mixer set on low, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients about a ½ cup at a time, fully mixing before adding the next ½ cup.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out some cookie dough. Press one of the chocolate pieces into the center of the teaspoon of dough, and then use your hands to shape the dough into a ball, completely covering the chocolate piece. Place the dough ball on an ungreased baking sheet and continue the process with the remainder of the dough, spacing them about 1-inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the tops are nearly set. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute, then transfer the gooey chocolate-filled cocoa cookies to a rack to cool completely. Makes a baker's dozen.
If the dough is too sticky when you try to roll the balls, stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes and then try again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 13 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g