These strawberry banana oatmeal muffins are the perfect grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
Be sure to try one warmed up and slathered with butter!
May, June and July proved to be three of the busiest months of my life. OF MY LIFE.
Okay, perhaps I’m being a little melodramatic.
The reality is, we did have a lot going on—mostly good stuff—and I’m glad that it’s all over.
We sold our house and moved to a new house.
My daughter had her dance recital, final competition in southern Maryland and Nationals in Virginia Beach.
I traveled to Boca Raton, Fla., as a blogger for ADMERICA! My husband coached a travel lacrosse team.
My son had a week long kindergarten camp. I changed jobs (same company, different position).
We finished renovating the garage to a family room in the new house.
My sister got married!
And we spent a week with my family at Slaughter Beach in Delaware.
And I didn’t write at all. I miss writing.
What’s the saying? Distance makes the heart grow fonder. (Right?)
So, the craziness is starting to die down, and I’m [clearly] writing again. WRITING!
That feels good.
You know what else is good?
These strawberry banana oatmeal muffins.
I baked a big batch in June just when the craziness was in full swing so that we could grab and go for breakfasts and snacks.
The chunks of strawberries and bananas were a HUGE hit with the kiddos and the husband, and I loved the texture of the oatmeal.
They’ll also freeze well, which can be extremely helpful if you bake a super huge gigantic batch of muffins.
Pull one out to throw in a lunch bag (it will thaw by lunchtime) or microwave it for a few seconds for an easy breakfast.
I mean, how can you go wrong?
Deep breath. Hello, August!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chunky mashed bananas (2-3 over-ripe bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place paper liners in your muffin pans.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until they're combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, oil, butter, milk and vanilla. Place the setting on medium and mix for 2 minutes. Gradually add the flour mix to the wet ingredients, and continue mixing until the batter is just combined. Add the oatmeal, banana and strawberries, and mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill each muffin tin about half-way to two-thirds full, and then sprinkle each one with a little more oatmeal.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and they bounce back when you gently press with your fingertip. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 24 muffins.