Last updated on April 29, 2019 by Liza Hawkins
Switch up your standard chunky roasted potatoes for these delicious sliced roasted potatoes with crispy edges!
It’s always great to have an easy, inexpensive side at your fingertips.
We’re no strangers to potato sides, as potatoes happen to be a favorite mine and they’re so stinkin’ versatile.
Let’s talk roasted potatoes…
Roasted potatoes are in their prime when the insides are soft and fluffy and the outsides are crispy and melt-in-your-mouth perfect.
It doesn’t take much to enhance their flavor—a little sea salt, some olive oil, a sliced onion and whatever herbs you have on hand.
The most important thing though? A really hot oven.
I can’t say I have one type of potato that works better than another for roasted potatoes, but I talked about the different kinds of potatoes and what they’re typically used for in this article if you need to take a peek.
I usually just buy what’s on sale that week at the grocery store.
To switch up our typical chunky roasted potatoes recipe, I sliced them the other day. I loved how extra crispy the edges got, and also how they cooked a little quicker than the standard roasted potatoes.
These delicious sliced roasted potatoes have soft middles and crispy edges!
- 3 medium potatoes (skins on & sliced 1/8" thin)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian parsley (or whatever herb you have)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the potatoes, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper together in a large bowl, and then loosely layer them in a casserole dish.
- Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes, flipping them over about half-way through the cooking time.
- The potatoes are done when they're fork-tender and browned around the edges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.