These rustic skillet potatoes with paprika are crispy around the edges and pillowy soft in the center. This recipe’s a great way to stretch a few potatoes to feed a crowd!
I realized we had a problem.
Eight people and *only one quart* of small red potatoes. What to do, what to do…
Well, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the past couple of years, it’s how to stretch certain ingredients when push comes to shove.
Potatoes are one of my favorites because they’re so amazingly versatile.
Not to mention they can handle a wide variety of spices, everything from simple salt/pepper/butter to recipes with intense depth of flavor.
In this case, one little container of potatoes was able to feed eight people with no problem!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
These potatoes aren’t cut so thin you need a mandolin slicer, but you do want to keep them from being too thick and chunky.
Between slicing the potatoes and blanching them before adding them to the skillet, you’re able to get these potatoes on the table relatively quickly.
Bonus: the flat shape versus a cube shape provides lots of area for that paprika blend to coat the entire potato piece!
- 1 quart red potatoes (skins on), sliced 1/8" thin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of water and set over high heat to boil for 7 minutes. Drain.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large skillet and warm over medium-high heat for a couple minutes. When the butter starts to get foamy, add the shallots and cook until they start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Toss the potatoes with the paprika, thyme, salt and pepper, and then add them to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the potatoes get evenly golden brown and crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bialetti Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid, Nonstick, 1, Black
- OXO 1058020 Wooden Turner for Nonstick Cookware Beech
- OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
- J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
- OXO 1067838 Good Grips Utility Cutting Board, Red,10-1/2-Inch x 15-Inch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g