Crispy tender roast potatoes are the kind of versatile side you can enjoy for breakfast as much as you will for dinner!
Does this ever happen to you?
You’re staring at the pantry, wondering what sort of side to make with your steak, or chicken, or whatever, when you notice a half-gone bag of almost-soft potatoes sitting on the bottom shelf.
A savvy grocery shopper would’ve meal-planned well enough to have the potatoes long since used.
I make a last minute meal plan and turn the bag of almost gone potatoes and a few other ingredients into a yummy side!
The simplicity of roast potatoes is absolutely delightful.
Sure, they take more then thirty minutes to cook, but all it takes to get them in the oven is five minutes of prep—and then it’s pretty much just “set it and forget it” until they’re done, save a little stir around the twenty-minute mark.
Just toss them in the fridge and reheat for breakfast or dinner another day by tossing them in a hot skillet with a little butter till they’re warmed through.
You can also vary the flavors with this roast potatoes recipe.
Adding turmeric or chili powder would be amazing and flavorful.
The roast potatoes flavor opportunities are endless, foodie friends!
- 10-12 small potatoes, peeled and halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 2 medium onions, sliced in large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, making sure the potatoes and onions are coated well.
- Spread them out into a single layer on a 13x9" baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, give the potatoes a stir, and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes, or until they are golden with crispy edges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
- OXO 1058020 Wooden Turner for Nonstick Cookware Beech
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
- 1Easylife 18/8 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, Set of 6 for Measuring Dry and Liquid Ingredients
- Stainless Steel X-Large Serving Spoons (2-Pack), Serving Utensil, Buffet & Banquet Style Serving Spoons-(2 Spoons)