These juicy seared turmeric pork chops take about fifteen minutes to make from start to finish, which means they can help you can easily get a homemade dinner on the table in under thirty minutes any night of the week!
Working full-time and managing a busy schedule of kids’ activities and my own, I’m always on the hunt for inexpensive tasty and simple dinner options.
Pork chops are one favorite in our house, particularly the thicker cuts—boneless or bone-in, we like them all.
The thinner chops can work for certain dishes, like stir-fry or something saucy, but have a tendency to dry out really easily even if you’ve cooked them perfectly. That’s no good. Best to stick with the thicker cuts!
For these seared turmeric pork chops, all I did was sprinkle them with salt, pepper, onion powder and turmeric, and then cooked them for five minutes per side in a hot pan with olive oil.
They’re about an inch thick, so if you get thicker chops you’d want to add another minute or so to each side.
Once done, I always let them rest for five or ten minutes under a foil tent before serving. Helps to keep the juices in!
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1" thick
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season one side of the pork chops with half the salt, pepper, onion powder and turmeric powder.
- Once the skillet feels hot, place the chops seasoned side down into the pan. Season the side facing up with the remaining spices.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let the pork chops cook for 5 minutes. Using tongs, flip the pork chops and then continue letting them cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and let them rest, covered loosely with foil, for 5 minutes before serving.