These baked BBQ pork chops are a simple way to get a yummy dinner on the table in no time.
Pork chops. They’re like a familiar and comfortable memory.
We eat pork chops a lot, and while I have been buying organic bacon, I still have yet to find organic pork in the form of roasts and chops at a nearby supermarket.
Speaking of nostalgia, but totally unrelated to food, I’ve been rewatching LOST over the past couple months while some of my favorite TV shows have been on hiatus.
To say I loved it the first time around may be underestimating my adoration. So for me to say that this time around I love it just as much? It’s true.
If you’ve never watched LOST, then you’re in for a treat—but you must start from the very, very beginning: Season 1, Episode 1.
It’s worth it, and I dare you to stop from watching the next 10 episodes without a break.
Side note: I may have done the same obsessive maneuver with Downton Abbey when I first discovered Season 1 last year.
But, back to nostalgia and food. Pork chops … nom!
- 6 boneless thin cut pork chops
- 1 bottle organic barbecue sauce
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ the jar of barbecue sauce into the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish, and then lay the pork chops on top in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the onion and parsley on top of the pork chops, and then top with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Bake the pork chops for 30 minutes.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for simple kitchen tips, fun foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a first look at new recipes before they go live on the blog!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!