This cream cheese flavor frosting is the icing on the cake (literally) for this super easy carrot cake that’s full of flavor, loaded with spices, and perfect for fall!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ask me to bake a cake from scratch, though, and I shudder a bit.
I’ve had many failed attempts with cakes, resigning myself—no, preferring—to doctor up a box mix instead.
My homemade, completely-from-scratch, followed a no-fail recipe to the letter, always turns out poorly. Too crumbly. Not dense enough. SO. DRY.
So, doctored box mix it is. C’est la vie, right?
I have a similar history with frostings.
Plenty of mishaps with buttercream that ends up turning out grainy or too buttery (if there’s such a thing).
So, you can imagine my delight at finding out about this NEW Pastry Bag that not only comes pre-filled with Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, it also makes decorating a breeze with a star tip that creates three fun designs: stars, rosettes and waves!
How to use:
- Push the frosting toward the star tip and twist the top of the pastry bag
- If not already removed, remove the plastic over from the star tip by tearing at the perforation
- Squeeze from the top of the pastry bag to frost the cake
Easy Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
With fall right around the corner (my favorite season!), I can’t think of a better dessert to make and devour than carrot cake that’s full of rich, warm spices like cardamom, ground cloves, and allspice.
And nothing, NOTHING, goes better with carrot cake than cream cheese frosting.
The beauty of this recipe is its ease, due, in part, to the wondrous pre-filled Pastry Bag.
The cake itself is simple, too, though.
Add a few extra ingredients to a standard spice box cake mix, bake as directed, and then after it’s cooled, top it with cream cheese frosting right from the Pastry Bag.
It’s a baking and decorating activity that’s fun for the whole family, made even better by the fact that you can eat your treats once you’re done.
- 1 Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag – Cream Cheese 16oz.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter (to grease the pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use the butter to grease a tube pan.
- Add the spice cake mix, milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, cardamom, allspice, and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl. Beat the ingredients together on medium-high speed for two minutes with a hand mixer. Fold in the carrots.
- Pour the batter into the prepped tube pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the carrot cake cool completely, then gently remove it from the tube pan. Use the Pastry Bag to decorate the carrot cake with frosting.