This post has been sponsored by Nellie’s® Free Range Eggs with Cabot®. All thoughts are mine.
This savory crustless quiche for two is perfect for brunch (or dinner)! It’s simply made, with Nellie’s® Free Range Eggs, two kinds of cheddar from the Cabot® Creamery co-op of Vermont farm families, bacon, parsley and an assortment of veggies—including organic mushrooms, green onions and ripe heirloom tomatoes from the garden (or from your local farmers’ market).
In the world of brunch, and especially dinner, it’s great to have a go-to recipe that takes less than a half hour to make. Spaghetti Carbonara is one of my pasta favorites, and eggs (or any breakfast food) are an easy second.
Creamier than scrambled eggs, and full of lots of yummy flavors thanks to the bacon (hellllooooo bacon!), Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, Cabot cheddar cheeses and a handful of veggies, this simple quiche will put your busy weeknight mind at ease—especially knowing leftovers (if you have any) will be even better in the morning.
For this crustless quiche for two I used two different kinds of Cabot cheddar cheese: Garlic & Herb, along with Alpine (from the Legacy collection). I shredded them and then tossed them into a bowl to whisk together with bacon, Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, sautéed mushrooms, green onions, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
Then I poured the mixture into a small cast iron skillet. The same cast iron skillet, in fact, that I used to cook the bacon. Mmm…
You could certainly pour this into a crust (blind bake it first) and serve it more traditionally, but I really love how easy the crustless version is—especially for a lazy Sunday brunch, or a quick weeknight dinner.
Last, but not least, I sliced some heirloom tomatoes … fresh from our garden … and laid them on top before baking it for about 20 minutes.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, diced
- 6 small mushrooms, sliced
- ⅛ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the bacon in a 5" cast iron skillet and cook it on medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel. Sauté the mushrooms and half the green onions until the mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, remaining green onions, and the sautéed mushrooms with green onions. Pour the mixture into the cast iron skillet (yes, into the bacon grease).
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and more parsley and pepper if you'd like, then bake it for about 20 minutes, or until the quiche looks puffy, the edges are bubbly and golden, and the center is just slightly jiggly.
- Let the crustless quiche for two rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This post was sponsored by Nellie’s Free Range Eggs with Cabot Creamery.