With only eight ingredients and lots of deep savory flavor, this simple Instant Pot ham and bean soup will become a fast favorite!
I’ve been using my Instant Pot on a regular basis these days. It’s hard not to when using the gadget makes life so very easy.
Take this ham and bean soup, for example.
Sure. It could have simmered away stove top or in the slow cooker for hours.
Instead, I finished work, threw eight inexpensive ingredients into the Instant Pot, set it to “Soup” and then forgot about it for forty-five minutes.
And, as an added bonus, I used up the last of the holiday ham!
Once the ham and bean soup was finished cooking, it was so tender and savory I almost couldn’t stand it.
You know how stodgy beans can be, even the canned ones?
I half-expected to slurp my first spoonful and be woefully disappointed by un-tender beans.
But no, the Instant Pot doesn’t disappoint!
Not only were the beans the perfect amount of tender, the ham ended up falling apart in my mouth — in the very best way possible.
You guys? You’re welcome.
Looking for other easy Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Homemade Instant Pot Tomato Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Chicken and Lentil Soup in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Chili
- 2 cups of cooked ham, cubed
- 1 40.5-ounce can of Great Northern beans (drained but not rinsed)
- 1 15.5-ounce can of navy beans (drained but not rinsed)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Put everything into the Instant Pot and give it a stir.
- Lock the lid in place and cook on the "Soup" setting for 30 minutes.
- Release the pressure all at once and serve immediately.
There's no salt in the ingredient list (I know, shocking) because there's plenty from the ham and the beans. You can always add salt at the end to taste if you think it's lacking.
The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure before it begins the 30 minute cooking period.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 727mg Carbohydrates: 72g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 22g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 38g