I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This post may contain affiliate links.
These vegetarian chipotle lettuce wraps are super easy to make and the lemon sour cream sauce is the perfect simple topper!
Admittedly, I don’t use tofu in a lot of my cooking. It’s not that I don’t like tofu (mmm…miso soup), it’s that for whatever reason it’s not top of mind when I’m hustling through the grocery store for my bi-weekly haul.
So, I was excited when Nasoya sent me a note recently about giving their new Chipotle TofuBaked a whirl. They’re looking for folks to come up with fun and delicious recipes for their Big Game recipe challenge.
I agreed, because chipotle—yum!—and because CHALLENGE.
But I decided to flex my vegetarian muscles anyway, and instead I came up with a fun game day recipe that I believe omnivores and vegetarians alike will love.
The smoky sweet (and very slightly spicy) flavor of Chipotle TofuBlend was subtle enough to not take over the combo, but packed enough of a punch that even after finishing a wrap, the taste lingered in my mouth—in a good, mouth watering way.
And combined with lots of fresh ingredients, including sliced creamy avocado and a lemony sour cream sauce, it’s hard not to devour a plateful in minutes. Not that there’d be anything wrong with that, except your guests might be a little annoyed.
Pro tip: while you can heat up the Chipotle TofuBaked, it tastes perfectly fine at room temp, or even chilled! So, I didn’t even bother heating it up for this recipe—who wants to bother with managing proper temps during game day, right?
- 1 package Nasoya Chipotle TofuBaked, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 green onions, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced thin, longways
- 1 Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1 head butterhead lettucea
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Layer the onions, tomatoes, and cubed Chipotle TofuBaked in individual lettuce leaves. Nestle in the sliced avocado, drizzle with lemon sour cream sauce, and then add a few parsley leaves.
- Whisk the sour cream, lemon zest and juice together in a small bowl. Pour the sauce into a small zip top bag. Snip a little off a corner to make drizzling easy!
Disclosure: Nasoya sent me a few packages of Chipotle TofuBaked and a gift card to help make my awesome game day recipe. All opinions are my own!