Last updated on October 30, 2022 by Liza Hawkins
On the weekends I like to keep it simple when it comes to lunch. Just because it’s something easy to fix, however, doesn’t mean I skimp on flavor OR deliciousness.
These melted caprese crostini are the perfect savory bite to enjoy all by yourself, or with a crowd!
While these melted caprese crostini are great as lunch for one, the recipe is also super easy to convert to platefuls of yummy party food! Think Memorial Day barbecues, Independence Day picnics, Labor Day parties… They’re the perfect spring/summertime savory treat.
Add a little finesse and bite by drizzling your favorite balsamic vinegar on top, just before serving, after they come out of the broiler!
I could eat a an entire tray right. now.
Melted caprese crostini is a simple and delicious lunch to savor by yourself on the weekend (or perfect to feed a party crowd)!
- 5 thin slices of fresh Italian bread (French baguette works too)
- 5 slices from a fresh mozzarella ball
- 5 thin slices of fresh Roma tomato (or whatever kind you have on hand)
- 5 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat the broiler on high with the rack set about 6" from the element.
- Meanwhile, lay the sliced bread on a baking sheet and drizzle each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the bread under the broiler until they start to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on them though — they can go from golden to burned in a flash!
- Pull the crostini out and layer a tomato slice, a mozzarella slice, and a sprinkle of basil on each. Place them back under the broiler for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melty.
- Devour immediately!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.