Last updated on February 23, 2019 by Liza Hawkins
I’m a big fan of pasta.
Like, I could eat it just about every night if given the chance.
The other evening we needed a quick dinner thrown together after a busy afternoon of dance practice, a lacrosse game, errands and work. Pasta’s great because most of the time the entire meal can be cooked in 20 minutes or less, from start to finish.
I also had a slew of beautiful veggies from my Hometown Harvest delivery that screamed, “PASTAAAA!!!!”
So, naturally I whipped up a quick seared shrimp with whole wheat pasta (angel hair, to be exact), and as part of the sauce I sauteed organic sliced cremini mushrooms and green onions, and then topped the whole thing off with a sprinkling of fresh basil and diced Roma tomatoes.
And Parmesan. Love Parmesan.
Delicious, easy and quick weeknight dinner!
- 1 bag frozen raw jumbo shrimp, thawed and peeled - tails removed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt + 2 tablespoons for the pasta water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
Disclosure: Hometown Harvest is a blog sponsor, which means I’m compensated for spreading the word about what they do, my experiences and the deliveries I get. Interested in signing up? Click here and make sure to tell them I sent you! All opinions are my own, and I only work with brands whose missions I support!