These Snickerdoodles are simple to make, soft and chewy and filled with sweet cinnamon flavor.
More and more I’m trying to cook things from scratch, with ingredients that are pronounceable and simple.
Making breads from scratch is exponentially easier with a KitchenAid mixer, something I didn’t use when I made my first ball of dough.
It’s super hard work to knead dough by hand, especially bread dough. If you don’t already own one, it’s something to save up for or ask for as a gift. I LOVE mine.
One thing I’ve tried to do is make more cookies from home, as opposed to buying them from the grocery store.
The bonus of baking cookies from scratch on the weekends is that
I get to lick we get to lick the cookie dough bowl, something that’s definitely missed when you buy the cookies from the supermarket.
It’s hard to stray away from chocolate chip cookies.
They’re a classic and I love them.
But this week I thought we’d try something different: Snickerdoodles!
Cinnamon, sugar, buttery cookie — what’s not to love (especially warm right out of the oven with a cold glass of milk)?
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cream the butter, 3/4 cup sugar and egg together with a mixer for 2 minutes. Sift the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the salt together in separate medium bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and continue mixing for 1 more minute, or until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the cookie dough into 1-1/2" balls, then coat them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake the Snickerdoodles for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges look golden and the tops aren't shiny. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool for 1 minute before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: eat a cookie while it's still warm!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bellemain Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Strainers, Set of 3 Graduated Sizes with Comfortable Non Slip Handles
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
- Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
- 1Easylife 18/8 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, Set of 6 for Measuring Dry and Liquid Ingredients
- All-Clad 8700800515 All- Measuring Cups
- KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Aqua Sky
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g