Last updated on March 13, 2021 by Liza Hawkins
These homemade pancakes are SO light and fluffy because of an extra ingredient: whole milk Greek yogurt! I don’t need to go on and on about how much we love pancakes in our house, because you can easily read about that in the other pancake recipes I have (scroll down to the recipe card to find links).
Leftover pancakes can be so practical during the work-week. My kids both love them reheated in the microwave, and it’s arguably quicker than pulling together a bowl of cereal.
This batch of fluffy homemade pancakes were made with my basic recipe using flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, egg and oil, except I also added a quarter cup of plain whole milk Greek yogurt and a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
I don’t know this for sure, but I believe the reason these particular pancakes were SO light and fluffy was due to the yogurt. These homemade vanilla waffles I made for the Stonyfield blog tasted the same … extra light and fluffy.
So, who knows? I’ll take it though.
More pancake recipes:
These homemade pancakes are SO light and fluffy because of an extra ingredient: yogurt!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat while you prepare the batter.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg, milk, oil, yogurt and vanilla together in a separate small bowl or 2-cup glass measuring cup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk them together until they're just combined.
- Pour the batter a 1/4 cup at a time into the pan, and cook them for 3 minutes (my pan fits 3 pancakes per batch). Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for 2 minutes longer. Remove the pancakes and keep them warm on plate, covered with foil. Continue making pancakes until the batter's gone.
Serve the pancakes warm with butter and real maple syrup. Keep leftovers in the fridge and reheat them during the week for an easy breakfast! Makes about 9 medium-sized pancakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- GEEKHOM Silicone Spatula, 600 Degree Heat Resistant BPA Free Non Toxic Rubber Spatulas Set for Non Stick Cookware, Large Flexible Heavy Duty Turner for Cooking Flipping Fish Pancake Eggs - 4 Pack, XL
- Calphalon 1932337 Classic Nonstick Everyday Chef Pan with Cover, 12", Grey
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g