This oatmeal cookie cinnamon apple crumble is like a marriage between cobbler and oatmeal cookies. Yum!
Are you sick of apple recipes? I mean, sick of seeing them from me? Because it’s only early October, and my apple cooking prowess is just starting to rear her ugly head.
Seems like every weekend there’s a bag of apples that need to be used; they’re on the verge of getting too soft to eat.
So of course I need to think of something utterly scrumptious for which to use them.
Pie was last week, so this week I wanted something else. A recipe that’s new and leans towards comfort food.
I’ve made many a crumble, crisp and cobbler in my day.
I’ve also made all sorts of cookies.
But never have I married the two. Oh yes. Yes indeed.
So there you have it.
- 1/2 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/2 stick salted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 6 apples, peeled and chunky-chopped