These easy oven fried chicken thighs will become a fast favorite in your house. The perfectly crispy skin is delicious and worth fighting over!
In the springtime our schedule gets a little bit nuts. Actually, it’s a lot nuts.
My husband is a lacrosse coach, which means some weeks he’s home around 7:30 p.m., and other weeks he’s not home until 10:00 p.m. or later.
Couple that with my oldest’s after school activity schedule, and this makes cooking a family dinner kind of interesting. By “interesting” I mean challenging. And by “challenging” I mean impossible.
Unless we wanted to live like the families in The Night Circus. Or if we wanted to live like vampires.
Except I’m not sure that either lifestyle would mesh well with the kids’ school and our day jobs.
So instead I’ve been trying to cook meals that the kids and I can eat together, but will also save well for a late night re-heat for the husband.
Or, on days where he’s home a little earlier I’ll feed the kids first and then the two of us will eat our dinner together, later.
Here’s a simple favorite that reheats well: easy oven fried chicken thighs (yes, with perfectly crispy skin!). I like to pair it with creamy buttered mashed potatoes, and steamed corn. Mmmm….
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet and drizzle them generously with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken thigh with garlic salt, pepper and parsley.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.