Last updated on February 23, 2019 by Liza Hawkins
I was browsing through a few cookbooks over the weekend and found a recipe for “Crisp Garlic Chicken” in Southern Livings Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites – think, chicken Parm without the cheese (no cheese??).
Despite being appalled at the lack of cheese, the recipe did catch my eye for something else. Something I’ve never tried before.
Instead of using egg to act as a binding agent with the breadcrumb crust, it used warmed olive oil with garlic.
So, with my next breaded recipe, I had to try it too.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 chicken breast tenders, rinsed & patted dry
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
[i]For the dipping sauce:[/i]
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
For the tangy honey mustard dipping sauce:
- Whisk the mustard, honey and sour cream together. Serve with baked garlic Parmesan chicken tenders.