Go ahead and make a double batch of this homemade guacamole; it’s so yummy, it won’t last long!
I’m a big avocado fan. Like, I-could-eat-one-with-every-meal-and-be-perfectly-content, avocado fan.
Even though the weather was gorgeous and the scenery was breath-taking along the coast, one of my favorite parts of visiting San Diego a couple years ago was, wait for it, avocados on top of, served with, or as an add-on for every meal on a menu. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. Haha!
I’ve been lucky to find relatively inexpensive avocados here at ALDI, where a bag of four non-organic avocados goes for about three dollars, and an organic bag for just a dollar or two more. On the East Coast, that’s super reasonable, though I’m sure my West Coast friends will laugh at my “steal.”
(If you can’t get your hands on ripe avocados, though, don’t even bother. There’s no forcing it.)
In its most simplest form, guacamole is lovely made with just mashed avocados, a little citrus, and salt and pepper. But, add a few more ingredients (and not a lot of work) and your guacamole will be taken to the next level! And it’s so, so, so good.
- 5 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, rough chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, rough chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley (if you're a cilantro fan, substitute that)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Mash the avocado and green onions by hand in a large bowl. Set it aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until pureed. Fold the puree into the avocado mixture and serve immediately.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for simple kitchen tips, fun foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a first look at new recipes before they go live on the blog!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!