Chicken breasts – easy to cook, easy to freeze. I know I’ve said it before, but I can’t help but repeat it!
Last night I was looking for something to cook for dinner. Just getting back from vacation this past Saturday, and getting ready to head out for a business trip this afternoon, our fridge is (basically) bare. So, at times like this, the freezer can be your best friend – as long as you stock it properly.
Typically you can find a good deal on a package of chicken breasts every couple of weeks, and when I see those lower prices, I buy a couple packs and freeze them, two breasts to a bag. Sometimes even the packs that come individually wrapped (talk about easy freezing!) are on sale for a dollar or two off! Buy them.
With cooking time under 15 fifteen minutes, chicken breasts are great for a busy weeknight. And, like you, I have a lot of those.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, rinse and pat dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup sliced almonds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and dried parsley. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly coat both sides of the chicken breasts in flour, dip in the egg mixture, then gently coat both sides with the almonds.
- Add the canola oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter has melted, place the chicken in the pan. Let cook for 4 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for weekly recipes, kitchen tips, foodie news and, exclusive only to subscribers, a printable meal plan straight to your inbox just in time for the weekend!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!