Last Updated on May 30, 2023 by Liza Hawkins
Seared almond chicken is the perfect healthy alternative to fried chicken, crunch and all! And an added bonus is that it’s ready in fifteen minutes! Chicken breasts: easy to cook; easy to freeze.
Recently I was looking for something to cook for dinner after just getting back from vacation.
I was also getting ready to head out for a business trip, so our fridge was [basically] bare. At times like this, the freezer can be your best friend — as long as you stock it properly.
Typically there’s a good deal on a package of chicken breasts every couple of weeks, and when I see those lower prices, I buy a few packs and freeze them, two breasts to a zip-top bag.
Sometimes even the bags that come with individually vacuum-sealed chicken breasts (talk about easy freezing!) are on sale for a dollar or two off!
With cooking time under fifteen minutes, chicken breasts are great for a busy weeknight. And, like you, I have a lot of those.
Seared almond chicken is the perfect healthy alternative to fried chicken, crunch and all!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, rinse and pat dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Lightly coat both sides of the chicken breasts in flour, dip in the egg mixture, then gently coat both sides with the almonds.
- Add the canola oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter has melted, place the chicken in the pan. Let cook for 4 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 2 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 211mgSodium: 704mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 45g