Last updated on September 12, 2023 by Liza Hawkins
A summer BBQ isn’t complete without these easy-to-make sweet and savory baked beans with bacon.
There’s a time and place for extravagance when it comes to hosting and entertaining.
A summer BBQ isn’t one of those times. I mean, unless you’re summering in the Hamptons and can afford the luxury of having your event catered.
But, even then you’re not the one cooking, right?
No, summer BBQs call for easy breezy comfort food.
Things you can pull together with simplicity and a little finesse so that your focus can be on enjoying the party, and not sweating over the stove.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
These baked beans with bacon are the epitome of ease.
They also taste really, really, really good.
There’s nothing like a sweet, savory, salty combo to win anyone’s heart over.
And the fact that this recipe’s pulled together in one single cast iron skillet … well, it’s like the icing on the cake.
Pair this with burgers and dogs, or (if you’re like me) just grab a bowl and make these baked beans with bacon your main course!
A summer BBQ isn't complete without these easy-to-make sweet and savory baked beans with bacon.
- 1 28-oz can baked beans
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Set the oven to broil (low if it's an option) and place the oven rack in the middle slot.
- Pour the baked beans into a 8" cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the bacon, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper evenly on top.
- Place the skillet into the oven and broil it for 15 minutes or until the bacon's crisp, it's browned on top, and the beans are bubbly.
- Let it cool for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 6gSugar: 18gProtein: 11g