These yummy peanut butter cookies have only five ingredients, including just the right hint of cocoa, and take fewer than fifteen minutes to make from start to finish.
Sometimes a craving hits at eight o’clock in the evening, when it’s too late to rally and head out to find dessert because:
a) you’re old now, and
b) you’re not pregnant, and
c) you might already be in your pajamas.
It’s times like these when I peel myself off the couch, take ten paces into the kitchen, and scour the pantry and fridge Chopped-style to try and figure out how to whip up something sweet in a minimal amount of time.
This process is made exponentially more difficult when it’s the day before you plan to grocery shop and everything from milk to baking powder has been vanquished.
These peanut butter cookies have only five ingredients, most of which I bet you have in your
barren pantry and fridge, too!
And, best of all, they’re ready to gobble in fewer than fifteen minutes—from mixing to baking.
They’re best eaten warm, so there’s no need to allow for cooling time.
Here are some kitchen tools I used to make these peanut butter cookies with cocoa:
Find more of my dessert recipes here.
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, cocoa powder, salt, egg and powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer on low to combine the ingredients, about one minute.
- Spoon generous tablespoons of the cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, about 2" apart. Use the spoon to gently press them to a flatter shape (they won't spread during baking).
- Create a hash mark on each with a fork. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar on top, if you want.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes on the middle rack in the oven.
- Let them cool for 1 minute before gobbling them up (or before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
- OXO 1071534 719812018447 Good Grips Large Silicone Flexible Turner, Stainless Steel
- OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
- Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, Brushed Chrome
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g