There’s nothing better than having a fabulously simple and delicious appetizer in your back pocket. These sweet and savory brie and raspberry crescent roll bites are made with three ingredients, in under thirty minutes. Cheers — it’s baking season!
As we near the end of October, we enter one of my favorite times of the year: holiday season!
Sure, there are plenty of other holidays that we celebrate throughout the year, but nothing quite as the zing of that period of time between Halloween and New Year’s Eve, with the big food-centric Thanksgiving crescendo in November.
It can be an overwhelming time, cramming all the extras of holiday potlucks and parties into an already packed family schedule.
Like most of my meals, I aim to keep things simple so that I can spend more time with the family, and less time running around my kitchen when I’m trying to entertain for the holidays.
Even for something as simple as an appetizer, like these brie and raspberry crescent roll bites!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe couldn’t be easier to throw together, due in large part to the use of crescent roll dough (which I wouldn’t even bother to attempt to make from scratch — why bother when store bought is both good, inexpensive and simple) and the fact that there are only three ingredients.
In fact, I’d argue it takes longer to slice the brie than it does to put the bites together and into the oven.
Pro tip: chill the brie in the freezer for five or ten minutes before slicing it so that it’s not super gooey and sticky (save the ooey-gooeyness for your mouth).
I like to build these brie and crescent roll bites right on the same baking sheet they’ll be cooked on, so I have less of a mess to clean up later.
Also, speaking of “less of a mess,” in hindsight I should have used a sheet of parchment paper to keep them from sticking to the baking sheet — between the melty cheese and the sticky preserves, the potential for stickage is high.
Part of what makes these suckers sooooo good, though, is that gooey sticky quality.
The brie and raspberry flavors meld into a perfect salty, savory, sweet bite of amazingness — it’s hard to only have one, which is why you should really plan on three or four per person (or maybe ten).
Plus, these brie and raspberry crescent roll bites are ready in less than thirty minutes.
LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES!
They’re a perfect holiday or party treat, in my book. Om-nom-nom…
- 1 8-ounce package refrigerated crescent dough
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 12 small slices of brie (1" wide X 1" long X 1/8" thick)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or cover with parchment.
- Spread the dough onto a baking sheet, and gently pinch the seams together. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to slice the dough into 12 rectangles.
- Place one piece of brie on each side of the 12 dough rectangles. Drop a teaspoon of preserves on top of the brie. Gently fold over the dough to cover the brie and preserves, and then pinch the edges to seal each.
- Spread the brie and raspberry crescent roll bites out on the baking sheet so so they're about 1" apart. Bake them for 10 minutes, or until the tops are golden and the cheese and preserves start to ooze. Let them cool for 1 minute, then transfer them to a plate to serve warm.
Feel free to sub your favorite flavor of jam or preserves — fig, peach or blueberry would be delightful!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GEEKHOM Silicone Spatula, 600 Degree Heat Resistant BPA Free Non Toxic Rubber Spatulas Set for Non Stick Cookware, Large Flexible Heavy Duty Turner for Cooking Flipping Fish Pancake Eggs - 4 Pack, XL
- Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel - Super Sharp and Easy To Clean Slicer, Kitchen Gadget with Protective Blade Guard (Green)
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g