This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Make sure to read on to check out this tasty appetizer—perfect for game night!—and the special recipe contest that Farm Rich is running through 8/23/15. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBias
I love entertaining just like everyone else, but I don’t always enjoy mad amounts of food prep. Sometimes the best party foods are those that are pulled together quickly, and then devoured immediately.
This appetizer recipe combines Farm Rich frozen mozzarella sticks and fresh basil (both found in my local Walmart), diced heirloom tomatoes from my garden, crispy crostini, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to create two bites of caprese magic.
The crostini (after being drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt) and the mozzarella sticks both bake in the oven at the same temp, for the same amount of time, which makes cooking a breeze!
Then it’s just a matter of building them: crostini, then basil, then half a gooey mozzarella stick, then tomatoes, then a sprinkling of balsamic.
Before we get to the recipe (which you’ll want to pin and have on hand for football season…or any season, really), let’s talk more about the Farm Rich Back Your Snack contest!
In order to play, contestants must use at least one Farm Rich Snack freezer product and one Walmart fresh item, plus any special ingredients (up to 6 ingredients total), to create a snack hack between 8/1 and 8/21/15. While you do need to photograph your concoction, you don’t need to be a professional photographer (or even close). The judging criteria will be based on the recipe’s quality and the use of required ingredients—not on your photo skills.
Click here for the Farm Rich Back Your Snack contest submission page, and click here for the full rule book. You can find the upcoming demos of the semi-finalists on 9/19/15 and 9/20/15, and the finalists on 10/9/15 and 10/11/15, here.
Fun, right? YOU SHOULD ENTER!
Now for MY recipe…
- 10 Farm Rich frozen mozzarella sticks
- 1 baguette, cut width-wise into ¼" slices
- 20 pieces of fresh basil
- 1 small tomato, diced
- olive oil
- sea salt
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Lay the baguette slices on a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil and then give a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place the mozzarella sticks on another baking sheet (or on the same one if you have room).
- Bake the baguette slices and the mozzarella sticks for 10 minutes, or until the baguette slices turn golden and crispy (crostini!) and the mozzarella sticks start to ooze (yaassss!).
- Build the mozzarella stick caprese crostini appetizers by layering a crostini, followed by basil, half a mozzarella stick, a few pieces of tomato, and (if you want) a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
Curious about where to find fresh items and Farm Rich Snack freezer items? Here’s where they’re located at the Walmart in my town:
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post about Farm Rich Snack freezer items, fresh products from Walmart, and my snack hack! All opinions are my own.