I love coffee (despite espousing last month about what life would be like with out it). SO, when Subtle Earth gave me the opportunity to try their organic medium-dark roast blend by sending me a bag, I was all for it!
I drink at least two cups of coffee every morning. The silky smooth rich flavor that comes from a French press is absolutely delightful, and arguably the best way to pull the flavor from coffee. I loved my French press. I love coffee.
Know what else I love? The automatic brewing feature on my electric drip coffee maker.
This is the second electric coffee maker I’ve owned since that fateful, panic-inducing day two years ago when I dropped my beloved French press into the sink and shattered it. INTO SEVERAL LARGE SHARDS OF GLASS AT 6 A.M.
I did, however, survive. And, my husband bought me a replacement brewer later that day (so nice of him), with a fancy auto-brew feature that I got used to real quick. There’s really nothing better than rolling out of bed to a freshly brewed pot of coffee, especially the Subtle Earth Organic Coffee I’ve been enjoying for the past few weeks.
The medium-dark roast arrived in mid-February, in probably the largest coffee bag I’ve ever seen. The aroma was rich and deep, and I knew it was going to brew an excellent couple of cups of coffee.
And, yes it did.
I finished my cup of coffee off with a splash of whole milk, but that’s it. I’m a fan; true story.
More About Subtle Earth Organic Coffee:
- Organic certified by CCOF, 100% Arabica, Medium Dark Roast.
- It’s an Honduran coffee from the Marcala region. No chemical inputs are used.
- The “cherries (fruit of the coffee bean),” are composted and used as fertilizer, along with vermiculture, and fewer insects are present at the altitude that it’s grown, so no insecticides are necessary. If there ever is a bug problem, farmers sometimes plant peppers as a repellent.
- All their coffees are roasted fresh to order in multiple small batch roasters (30-60 kilos) at their facility in Miami.
- It’s free trade certified.
- It’s also available in light roast!
Disclosure: Subtle Earth Organic Coffee sent me a bag of their certified organic medium-dark roast coffee in exchange for an honest review. There was no other compensation. The words and opinions are my own!