Last night I joined Mamavation TV as a guest on the Monday night show, and spent an hour with Leah, Jasmine and Lydia (and via chat with the others) talking about recipes for quick, easy and healthy family meals (a few I mentioned are linked at the bottom). Fun!
- I feel very, very lucky to not have to worry about food allergies in our house. But if you do, Jasmine and Leah share some great tips in the video!
- What’s up with my yellow video?
- I should have shared more recipes – next time!
- Seriously, the YELLOW.
- So much food smarts knowledge in the Mamavation group!
- Yes, Leah did say she was hopped up on MSG at one point in her life – but you’ll have to watch to find out why! Ha!
- There’s a lot of my head on the big screen…even when I’m not saying a lot. Or anything. (This doesn’t help with the yellow.)
- I use my hands a lot…A LOT…when I talk. Case in point:
The show is open to the public every Monday night, but in case you missed this week’s show, here it is:
Here are some of the recipe links:
Zucchini Bread – I’ll often make this or banana bread, and then serve it up in my daughter’s lunch with cream cheese. A slice or two also makes a great quick breakfast on a busy morning!
Pizza Dough – We love homemade pizza in our house, and whenever I make dough I always make a double batch. The extra dough gets frozen, and makes for an easy dinner another night!
Overnight Slow Cooker Chicken Stock – It’s so easy to make your own chicken stock, why bother buying it? Plus your house will smell amazing in the the morning when you let the slow cooker do the work overnight.
Homemade Applesauce in the Slow Cooker – If you haven’t already tried this simple recipe, do it! You’ll never get store-bought again.
Easy Oven Fried Chicken Thighs with Perfectly Crispy Skin – This recipe is a staple in our house. Throw it in the oven after a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and after 50 minutes you have juice chicken with crispy fried-chicken-like skin. Beautiful!