Rachna reached out to me about guest posting recently and I loved her fresh recipe ideas for meals that I’ve never tried. I have to agree—my kids would love this easy plantain recipe and I can’t wait to try it with them!
These yummy plantain and potato patties are so easy to cook, tasty and nutritious.
Plantains are a good source of carbohydrates and minerals and these savory plantain and potato patties are especially enjoyed by kids.
They can be served as-is with ketchup or other dips or can be put as a patty in a bun just like you would do with a burger.
- 2 plantains (boiled and mashed)
- 2 medium potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (coarsely crushed)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander and mint leaves (or any other herbs that you like)
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped (omit if you do not like the heat)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Rachna Parmar, an ardent blogger, enthusiastic cook and mom of two, is an editor at livesnet.com, a site offering baby gear reviews and parenting tips for children.