I’m really excited about the latest giveaway on my blog!
Last month I was approached by Nestlé Juicy Juice and Feeding America to help with their Fruit for All Project – very exciting stuff they’re working on this summer, gang!
By my participating in the project, Nestlé Juicy Juice and Feeding America will provide two donations each of the following:
- One donation of 400 meals to my local food bank; and
- Another donation of 400 meals to a nearby food bank of one of my readers!
I’m so very excited about the ability to not only help hungry kids in my community, but to also give you the opportunity to do the same! It’s a true win-win situation. Squeeeeee!
“The lack of access at times to enough nutritionally adequate foods for an active, healthy life.”
Did you know:
- Approximately 1 in 5 children (that’s 16 million) are food insecure in America right now.
- Summer months leave food insecure children at an even greater risk because:
- Children are out of school and don’t have access to the National School Lunch Program.
- Fewer Donations are given during summer months.
- 35 million pieces of fruit will fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool twice!
- In 2011 Feeding America distributed 69 million pieces of fruit!
Click here more information about the Fruit for All Project.
This giveaway is closed!
Congratulations to Cindy for being selected via Random.org as the winner. A food bank in her zip code (21710) is the lucky recipient of the Fruit For All Project!
And here are the giveaway details – you have plenty of time to enter, but I suggest you do it sooner rather than later:
Comments must be on my blog no later than Sunday, August 5 at 11:00PM/ET
- Tell me your favorite kind of fruit to eat in the summer as a child
- Leave your email address and zip code
- Results via Random.org
Feel free to connect with Juicy Juice and Feeding America on Facebook (Facebook.com/JuicyJuiceUSA | Facebook.com/FeedingAmerica) and Twitter (@JuicyJuiceUSA | @FeedingAmerica) too!
Learn more about the project at FruitForAllProject.com!
On Twitter? Help spread the word with a tweet:
#Win 400 meals donated to your local food bank via #FruitForAll with @aMusingFoodie @JuicyJuiceUSA & @FeedingAmerica! bit.ly/LGVsqB PLS RT
Looking forward to helping hungry kids in our communities!