|Photo: Then Again Photography|
I don’t know about you, but 2011 has flown by for me, and it hasn’t felt like an orderly pace either. More like mayhem and chaos – in a good way.
Also? It’s a matter of creating an action plan, complete with listing the barriers that might get in the way for each goal, in addition to mapping out how you’ll get there. (This action plan part, by the way, is the hardest part of all. I know. Who has the time, right? Make time. The “action plan” piece can make such a positive impact to your success.)
- Create a true editorial calendar, not just for (a)Musing Foodie, but also for my freelance work.
- Organize my office (newly created in 2011) so that I’m able to run the freelance portion of my writing from a more business-minded perspective – read: file drawers and folders vs. piles.
- Find a good deal on a new, bigger, stronger laptop before my “little laptop that could” finally kicks the bucket. Soon.
- Carve out more evening and weekend time where the laptop is shut and family-time is primary (#1 should help with this).
- Start writing a novel.
- Find another conference to attend.
- Spend more time with my girlfriends.
- READ. Like real, genuine books. (My book club will be happy, and so will I).
- Continue running more 5Ks, and maybe even a 10K (yikes!).