If you haven’t heard of Coal Fire, now’s your chance! Already popular in several other Maryland locations, Coal Fire just opened a restaurant in Frederick over in the Clemson Corner shopping center, and does it ever look delish.
I’m a sucker for wood-fired pizza with its char, the chewiness and the crispy edges. This looks very similar, except it’s not the same at all (except for the fire part).
Here’s the deal. Coal Fire specializes in artisan pizza, and they do cool things like…make their own mozzarella in-house everyday. Also? Like the name suggests, instead of a wood fire, they use a special coal call Anthracite that’s been around for a long, long time and is mined right here in the United States (mostly Pennsylvania, if you want a little location exactness). This coal burns a 900 degree oven, so every pizza is “Charred to Perfection”.
But…here’s the REAL deal:
Plum District DC is running a deal with Coal Fire in Frederick through Sunday, 10/30/11:
UM…hello! Is this fabulous or what?
Wait, wait…it gets better! I’m hosting a giveaway for this Coal Fire Frederick deal! Here’s what you need to do in order to put your name in the running for one Plum District DC voucher for the Coal Fire Frederick deal:
- Leave a comment on this blog post telling me all about your favorite pizza topping.
- Subscribe to Plum District (if you’re the winner there’s no way to give you a voucher if you’re not a subscriber – duh!)
- Like Plum District Washington DC on Facebook.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- There are no limits to the number of vouchers you can buy; however, you can only use one voucher per transaction. Also, the voucher must be used in one transaction.
- Tax and gratuity not included.
- Expires 02/01/12.
Disclosure: I am a Plum District Ambassador and promotional partner and have been given this deal in exchange for helping to spread the word. All opinions are my own!