Looking for a way to stretch a couple of chicken breasts? Sometimes I buy one of those big packs of chicken, and the portions don’t quite break up evenly. When you need a meal for four people, but only have two chicken breasts…well, the math doesn’t quite work out.
Except, there are certain chicken recipes that can take two modest chicken breasts and morph them into something much more substantial. One of our favorites? Seared Chicken Fajitas.
Along with sauteed onions and peppers – likely already on hand, and if not, inexpensive to pick up.
Something that could feed an small army average family of four, and maybe even have leftovers to eat the next day!
With rice and a dollop of refried beans…perfection.
- 2 large chicken breasts, pounded to about 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 medium flour or corn tortillas, warmed