Last updated on May 2, 2019 by Liza Hawkins
These crispy roast dijon potatoes are quick to pull together and go perfectly with everything from grilled chicken to beef roast!
Thought I’d try something new recipe-wise last night.
Lucky for us it turned out well. You never quite know what to expect with a never-before-tried recipe made from a smattering of pantry items.
And by “never-before-tried” I mean a “made it up on the spot” recipe.
Everything started out fine.
Salt and pepper: check.
And then I was thrown off by the fact that we were out of olive oil.
I know, I know. How does that happen? Olive oil’s a staple in my pantry.
Nevertheless, it happened.
So, I substituted canola oil.
You know what? It worked.
(PSA: Leftovers go well with eggs and toast in the morning!)
These crispy roast dijon potatoes are a yummy simple side to add to the mix!
- 4 medium potatoes (rinsed with skins on), chunky chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic scapes, diced (substitute 2 minced garlic cloves if you can’t find scapes)
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk all the ingredients, except the potatoes, in a large mixing bowl. Fold in the potatoes, taking care to make sure they’re evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a 9x13" baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes once so they brown evenly on all sides.
- Remove from the oven – potatoes should be golden, and the onions and garlic scapes will be crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
- OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
- OXO 1071534 719812018447 Good Grips Large Silicone Flexible Turner, Stainless Steel
- M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange