Always one for a good slow cooker recipe, but quick to get tired of chili, beef stew, or a roast, I wanted something different one holiday when I was hosting a family gathering. I stumbled upon a recipe for gumbo that led me to another recipe for jambalaya, which ended up morphing into my own recipe for jambalaya. Which is absolutely delicious, and super easy to throw together.
- 1 28oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 14.5oz cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1lb Italian sausage
- 1lb large frozen raw shrimp (thawed), de-tailed and peeled
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
*Smoked sausage is a good alternative, and requires even less prep since you don’t have to cook it before putting it in the slow cooker.