Let me back up a bit; here’s the scoop:
Let us back up even further….
Walgreen’s? CVS? Who would’ve thought! Lucky for me, however, my neighbors were heading back to Costco, so I held off on visiting the drug stores, crossed my fingers and took a chance that Costco would, in fact, have Lindsay Olives.
Except, after re-reading the rules….
….they clearly state that the entry “must be considered a main course.” D’oh!
- 1 smoked sausage link, sliced
- 1 bag jumbo frozen raw shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1-1/2 cups white rice
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can tomato puree (29-ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5-ounce)
- 1 can pitted black Lindsay Olives (6-ounce), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
*Not everyone loves olives. In this recipe, you can simply omit them if they’re not your thing – it will still be delicious!