Stuffed chicken parm is an ooey-gooey twist on an Italian classic.
If your family’s anything like mine, then gooey, melty cheese stuffed into the middle of any other food is considered awesome.
Meatloaf or burgers, bread, mushrooms—the list could go on and on.
I don’t disagree.
I happen to love cheese.
In fact, I’m not sure I could imagine my life without it!
I know I’m not the only one.
Here’s a twist on a classic.
(With lots of gooey, melty cheese stuffed inside.)
Here are some of the kitchen tools I used:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4″ thin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
*At this point you can place the chicken bundles in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 24-hours, and then proceed with the remaining steps.