Crisp mornings, busy afternoons and chilly evenings – perfect for the slow cooker. We’re big fans of chili in this house, but sometimes it’s nice to very from traditional ground beef.
One of my favorite recipes uses chicken and black beans (although pinto or white beans would work great too).
In this recipe, I love how you can take two chicken breasts and stretch them to feed four to six people, and the flavors that soak into the meat are so rich and satisfying from slowly simmering all day while you’re at work – your tummy will be grumbling hungrily just thinking about it.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-oz can chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin