- 24 large shrimp (thawed, peeled & tails removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned rice*
- 1 14.5 ounce can refried beans, warmed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven at 325 degrees to warm while you make the rest of the meal.
- Warm a grill pan with olive oil (or a large skillet) over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, sprinkle one side of the shrimp with chili powder, salt and pepper. Place the shrimp seasoned-side down in the grill pan and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, squirt with lemon juice, and then flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Build the tacos with shrimp, beans, rice, cheese, tomato, onion and sour cream. Serve hot!
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for simple kitchen tips, fun foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a first look at new recipes before they go live on the blog!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!