|Josie & Shawn – Downtown Westminster Farmers’ Market|
|Taking care of the beehive on the farm|
- Check to see if your market is “producer-only.”
- “Producer-only “ markets are those that only allow farmers to sell what they produce. Really, this just means that the food has to be local. If the market is NOT producer-only, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go, you just want to make sure you ask lots of questions.
- Ask questions! When you make your first trip to the market, meet the farmers and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Think about what you are looking for and find out which farmers provide that.
- Where is their farm and how big is it?
- Do they spray pesticides or herbicides?
- Do they have any certifications, such as Naturally Grown or Organic?
- Do they grow all of their own produce? If not, where does the additional produce come from?
- Are their animals pastured?
- What are the animals fed?
|One of the side gardens|