2. Midway through the meal, a different man, we’ll call him The Reader, called everyone’s attention and proceeded to read an excerpt of The Queen’s novel. I’d tell you more, except a good bit of it was dirty enough that I don’t want to repeat it here! Seriously, in a restaurant he read this! We burst out laughing AND exchanged glances.
3. At the end of the meal, the waiter brought us our dessert and my chocolate pots de crème had a candle flickering in it – the waiter had remembered that it was my birthday from carding me for my glass of wine at the beginning of our meal (bless you, waiter!). One of the ladies in the group noticed, and said, “OH! It’s your birthday! Would you like us to SING for you???”
- Mejillones Al Vapor Cataluña – Mussels, pan steamed with garlic, crushed red pepper and olive oil
- Queso al Horno – Brie baked on toasted bread with port wine reduction and fresh oranges
- Cocoa Y Setas – Sautéed mushrooms, roasted garlic, olive oil, and melted cheese on grilled flat bread
- Dátiles Fritos con Chorizo – Bacon wrapped Spanish dates stuffed with chorizo on a mild goat cheese cream
- Esparragos Fritos con Salsa Alioli – Panko crusted asparagus with a smoked tomato aioli (While the asparagus “fries” are amazing, some might argue the aioli is the best part)