I made these cute and delicious mini chocolate frozen yogurt pies as a Stonyfield Organic™ ambassador, for which I was compensated.
For Christmas this year I had to be creative with a few gifts, specifically those for my grandparents. My dad’s dad and my mom’s mom are both in their 80s, and at this point in their lives they really don’t need or want any sort of gifts at all. Yet it seems wrong not to find something thoughtful to give them anyway.
They both have a ritualistic evening sweet tooth, and it shows itself in the form of ice cream after every night’s dinner. Every night.
So I thought, what about making them a special treat to keep in their freezers?
Mini Key Lime Pies
My grandfather loves his ice cream and frozen yogurt – and all desserts, really. He begs me to make Homemade Key Lime Pie Recipe for all of our family gatherings. For him, a mini frozen yogurt pie would be greatly appreciated. But, mini key lime pies…. They would be heaven – especially since they taste great frozen, or he could set them out in the fridge to thaw the night before.
My normal Homemade Key Lime Pie Recipe calls for sour cream as a topping, but instead of using that I substituted Stonyfield Organic® Greek plain yogurt, and its tartness was the perfect accompaniment to the sweet and sour key lime filling.
Mini Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Pies
My grandmother has a vanilla ice cream cone every night. For her, I thought mini chocolate frozen yogurt pies would be a simple twist to her evening ritual (or, at least an addition to). These were made with one small container each of Stonyfield Organic® Greek vanilla and chocolate yogurt, organic cream cheese, a little powdered sugar and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
It doesn’t take much to make a sweet, delectable treat (and to make the grandparents happy)!
- 1 package mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 5.3oz container Stonyfield Organic® Greek chocolate yogurt
- 1 5.3oz container Stonyfield Organic® Greek vanilla yogurt
- ⅛ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Bake the pie crusts for 10 minutes at 375°F, then remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Add ½ of the vanilla and all of the chocolate Stonyfield Organic® Greek yogurts, cream cheese and powdered sugar to a large bowl and use a hand-held mixer to whisk everything together until it's smooth and creamy.
- Fill each pie crust with the mixture, top with the remaining vanilla Stonyfield Organic® Greek yogurt and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Freeze the mini chocolate frozen yogurt pies for an hour, and then cover them in plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer until you're ready to eat them!
Disclosure: As a Stonyfield Organic™ ambassador, I am being compensated. All opinions are always my own!
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for simple kitchen tips, fun foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a first look at new recipes before they go live on the blog!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!