- 3 cups quick cook oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) + 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar and 2 sticks of butter together until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and 2 tablespoons vanilla, and the continue mixing for another minute.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend together with the mixer set on low. Press ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the greased baking pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a medium sauce pan and place it over medium heat. Add the chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and stir the mixture occasionally until the chips and butter have melted.
- Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over top the oat dough. Dot the remaining oat dough on top - you don't want to completely cover the chocolate. (It should end up looking like chocolate rivers.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the oat dough is golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for weekly recipes, kitchen tips, foodie news and, exclusive only to subscribers, a printable meal plan straight to your inbox just in time for the weekend!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!