This baked tilapia is topped with a creamy Dijon mayo sauce before being baked in a hot oven for only ten minutes. It’s another quick weeknight meal to add to the rotation!
A few weeks ago ALDI had nice cuts of fresh (never frozen!) tilapia on sale for some sort of ridiculous “this must be expiring soon” price.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
I couldn’t help myself from buying a couple packages, and then promptly throwing them into our freezer chest for use at a later date.
Tilapia’s thin, which means thawing it out takes practically no time.
If it’s not already sealed up in freezable packaging, then I always put meat into a in a zip top freezer bag before freezing it.
This makes it super easy to drop the bag into warm water, and then it’s thawed by the time my oven’s preheated to 425°F.
For the sauce, all I did was whisk together some mayo, Dijon mustard, grated Parmesan, garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
Using a spoon, I slathered the mixture on top of each piece of tilapia in a shallow baking dish, and then threw it into the oven for ten minutes.
You heard me right: T E N M I N U T E S.
(Followed by a quick broil for another minute or two to brown up the top a bit.)
This baked tilapia is flaky, tender, and mouth-watering-ly delicious.
Here are some of the kitchen tools I use:
- 2 large tilapia fillets (about 1 pound total)
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly grease the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
- Pat the tilapia fillets dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle both sides of each with salt and pepper to taste. Place them in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and parsley. Spoon half of the mixture on each tilapia fillet and spread it out to coat the tops evenly.
- Bake the tilapia fillets for 10 minutes and then serve immediately.
If you like a golden crust on top, broil the tilapia fillets 6" from the element for a minute or two after they're done baking. You don't want the baking dish too close to the top because it could crack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 24g