Blueberries! Blueberry cobbler — and this blueberry cobbler, specifically — is the best dessert! It’s the time of year when we have lots of them thanks to garden bushes, farmers’ markets and, when I lived in Maryland, a great little farm stand nearby.
I typically end up having enough to keep some in the fridge for cereal and yogurt toppings, and also to grab by the handful for easy snacks.
(And plenty left over for things like blueberry cobbler.)
B L U E B E R R Y C O B B L E R!
Cobbler, as you well know, is one of my favorite desserts to make.
This time, though, I only wanted blueberry.
Gorgeously perfect blueberry filling that practically makes itself while it bakes.
Fluffy, warm crust that’s golden on top and crispy around the edges (thanks to the stick of butter melted butter that kicks the recipe off).
And no, that’s not a topping — that’s a batter that bakes and rises up and around the ever-so-slightly-sweetened blueberries.
Like a blanket.
Whether it’s served warm just after baking, or left to room temp and spooned out with a dollop of ice cream, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- For the batter:
- 1 stick salted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
For the blueberries:
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or lemon juice
- Toss the blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and water or lemon juice together in a bowl and set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put the butter in the bottom of deep 2-quart or 9x9" baking dish and then set it in the oven to melt. It's important that the dish is deep—at least 3".
- Meanwhile, make a batter of the remaining ingredients and pour it over the melted butter—do not stir. Drop the blueberries on top of batter; again—do not stir.
- Bake the blueberry cobbler, uncovered, until the crust is light brown and puffy, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes before serving!
You can substitute frozen, thawed blueberries for fresh—no problem!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g