We value our time together, and our time alone. Especially with a plate of piping hot marinated chicken fajitas.
[i]For the fajitas[/i]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
[i]For the marindate[/i]
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Penze’s BBQ 3000*
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (parsley or cilantro would be a good substitute)
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
[i]*Fajita Seasoning Rub[/i][br]
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
When you’re ready to cook the fajitas….
- Set a large skillet to warm over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, followed by the chicken. Spoon some of the marinade on top of each chicken breast. Let them cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook them for an additional 4 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate to cool while you prepare the vegetables.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onions, then saute until they’re translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, taking care to scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Slice the chicken into long thin strips against the grain, and then add them to the onion mixture in the pan. Let it all cook for 5 to 10 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally to make sure it’s coated well.
- Serve hot with warm tortillas, cheddar cheese, lettuce, refried beans and sour cream.