I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This post may contain affiliate links.
This Instant Pot white chicken chili is so simple to make and full of mouth-watering layers of flavor!
I’ve been on the lookout for an awesome white chicken chili recipe for some time now (years even!) and it wasn’t until earlier this year when I finally stumbled upon a winner.
My book club came together to prep meals for one of the members in anticipation of of her second baby’s birth, and a recipe she selected as a family favorite was for white chicken chili. If I’m remembering correctly, she found the recipe in a magazine or online where it was meant for use in a slow cooker. But, after getting an Instant Pot, my friend converted that original recipe.
Lucky for me!
I didn’t get to taste the soup that day since we made the recipes for her to freeze and use later after the baby was born, but you better believe I went home and later that week recreated it from memory, making a few changes to the recipe—like using chicken thighs instead of breasts and plain diced tomatoes instead of RO*TEL.
I’m not sure what I love about this recipe more: the simplicity of just throwing everything in and not having to do anything, or the delicious layers of savory flavor that get better with time (i.e., if you can make enough to have leftovers, DO IT).
And, while the tortilla chips are a completely optional garnish, I highly recommend adding them just before you eat. The crunch adds a delightful texture to the melt-in-your-mouth soup.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Place everything except the cream cheese and tortilla chips into a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot. Lock the lid in place and set on Manual (high) for 20 minutes.
- Once the time's done, let the pressure release on its own for 20 minutes and then do a manual release of any remaining pressure.
- Unlock the lid, use two forks to break up the chicken (it should fall apart with minimal work), stir in the cream cheese (it's OK if it's a little gloppy), and serve topped with crispy tortilla chips.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for simple kitchen tips, fun foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a first look at new recipes before they go live on the blog!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!