Hot ham and cheese sandwich casserole is the perfect savory recipe to feed a crowd on game day, for a holiday, or just because! Who doesn’t need good party recipes now and again, right?
But, this particular recipe was SO good, that not only have I heard about it from that friend, other coworkers have mention it as well.
You’ve got to try this ham and cheese sandwich thing Missy makes!
I don’t know what’s in it, but that baked ham sandwich recipe from Missy – it’s amazing!
So, finally, for Jack’s 2nd birthday party (with 20 guests) I made it.
Or, rather…. Them, I made them. TWO delicious, gooey, warm baking dishes of Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich Casserole using King’s Hawaiian Rolls. Soooo good.
- 2 24-packs King's Hawaiian Rolls (Party Potato Rolls are an okay substitute)
- 1 pound shaved Virginia ham
- 24 slices Swiss cheese
- 1½ sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried onions
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Slice the King's Hawaiian rolls in half. Line the bottom of two 9X11 baking pans with the bottom halves of the rolls, 24 in each pan (they should just fit). Spread the ham over the rolls, and then layer the Swiss cheese on top. Place the other halves of the rolls on top. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and dried onions. Over medium heat, stir until the butter has melted to create the sauce. Pour equal parts of the sauce over top of the rolls, and then sprinkle the tops with the poppy seeds. Cover the pans tightly with aluminum foil, and then refrigerate for at least three hours - or overnight (better).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the covered baking dishes in the oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese has finished melting. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 48 mini sandwiches.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for recipes, kitchen tips, foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a printable monthly meal plan delivered straight to your inbox!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!